[Edprof] question about finding manuscripts

Deborah Gump gumpdl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:57:45 PST 2011

Hey, Linda, I'm still searching for the site that I thought could help, but
I'm glad others have chimed in with you privately. Are the suggestions
something you could share with the list? I'd kinda like to know what the
options were myself.

dg

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Linda Huff-Paul
<lindahuffpaul at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, everyone, for your great ideas! I'm sure now that I'll be able to
> gather enough manuscripts to use for my class.
>
> Best wishes to all for a productive spring semester.
>
> Linda
>

> --
> Linda Huff-Paul
> Editing Professional
> Havertown, PA
> e-mail: lindahuffpaul at gmail.com
>

> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Linda Huff-Paul <lindahuffpaul at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am new to the list and to teaching editing.
>>
>> I will be teaching my first "Mechanics of Editing" class this semester for
>> the Graduate Publishing Programs at Rosemont College (in PA), and I'd like
>> my students to have the "real world" experience of copy editing manuscripts
>> of 15-20 pages or so.
>>
>> However, I've been having a difficult time finding manuscripts. I've only
>> gotten 2 so far from amongst my faculty colleagues, and a few from my own
>> freelance work that I can probably use, but there are 15 students in my
>> class. I'm looking for fiction or nonfiction, and we can work with pieces
>> that haven't been edited yet or clean copies of manuscripts that have
>> already been edited.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Linda Huff-Paul
>> Editing Professional
>> Havertown, PA
>> e-mail: lindahuffpaul at gmail.com

--

Deborah Gump, Ph.D.
John Seigenthaler Chair of Excellence in First Amendment Studies