[Edprof] AP online licenses

Jeffrey C South/AC/VCU jcsouth at vcu.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:55:02 PDT 2010

That's interesting, Brian. We were told by AP, and my experience has been,
that licenses are user-specific -- tied to a user's e-mail address: You
log in with your e-mail address and a password. (And the AP Stylebook
Online tracks your IP, too. So if you log in from a machine that's
different from your previous session, AP says: "Oops; we're going to reset
your password" -- so you must check your e-mail for the new password.)

I'm just wondering how you manage a 50-seat license ... Are there "dummy"
log-ins? Have you run into complications with IP addresses?

Jeff South, Associate Professor
School of Mass Communications, Virginia Commonwealth University
(804) 827-0253; Temple 1149-B