[Edprof] AP online licenses

Cloud, George W bcloud at email.unc.edu
Mon Aug 23 10:52:51 PDT 2010

All,

Have any of you bought a site license for the AP online stylebook?  Our librarian tried to do so and found she couldn't.
The AP contract states that its terms are governed by New York state law. North Carolina regulations require that either North Carolina law governs or the contract must be silent on that issue. She said that the law in Connecticut, where she used to work, said the same thing.

AP was unwilling to consider an alternative contract, so we were shut out. What are your experiences?

Bill Cloud
George William "Bill" Cloud
Associate Professor
School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Carroll Hall, Campus Box 3365
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3365
Voice:  (919) 962-4070
Fax:     (919) 962-0620