[Edprof] Recommendations for content management software?

Lieb, Thomas tlieb at towson.edu
Wed May 13 16:38:21 PDT 2009

How about WordPress and a magazine template? Only cost is the hosting. I use BlueHost at about $7 a month and use the Revolution news template at a cost of $80. http://www.studiopress.com/

Thom
From: edprof-bounces at editteach.org [edprof-bounces at editteach.org] On Behalf Of deborah gump [gumpdl at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:26 PM
To: edprof
Subject: [Edprof] Recommendations for content management software?

Forwarding on Ann's behalf:

Do you have any recommendations for content managing software that's free or not too expensive that I could use in my classes for publishing all student stories from a class on one site online? What about College Publishing? I understand you have to put their ads on your site.

We've been using Dreamweaver, Soundslides, FinalCut, and anything else the students want to use to create their projects. But we have some glitches and are looking for something simpler.

Ann Auman
U. of Hawaii

--
Deborah Gump, Ph.D.