[Edprof] Copyed marks

Doug Fisher fisherdj at mailbox.sc.edu
Wed Apr 22 06:23:56 PDT 2009

I also teach them during the first few weeks of the class before we
largely switch over to computer.

Using the marks enforces a certain discipline of having to think before
doing (yes, you can erase, but it takes more time and effort than
undoing and redoing on computer) and then having to  read back what you
have just done to make sure it makes sense. Plus, it's still
advantageous at times to take a long story and edit it by hand; you get
a better sense of the visual grammar involved.
Doug

--
Doug Fisher, Instructor
Executive Editor, The Convergence Newsletter