[Edprof] Teach copy-editing marks?

Mary Cupito CUPITO at nku.edu
Wed Apr 22 05:23:32 PDT 2009

I make students use copy editing marks too--not because I think they're used in the profession, but because they make it easier for me to see how students have changed the copy.

I've tried using a wiki to have students do editing, but looking back and forth between the edited and non-edited versions takes a ridiculous amount of time when I'm trying to grade their work.

It won't hurt them to learn a few symbols.

Best,

Mary Carmen Cupito
Associate Professor
Communication Department, ST 372