[Edprof] FW: Quark/InDesign revisited

Lieb, Thomas tlieb at towson.edu
Fri Oct 5 14:45:26 PDT 2007

We switched to InDesign in 2006 but have kept Quark XPress in one of our labs. Next semester, we will probably remove it. I too have used XPress for years and find it a more "sensible" program in many respects (things are called what they are), but from all indications its days are numbered. I haven't noticed any difference in teaching the basics -- with an hour of training, most students can put together a fairly advanced page.

Thom Lieb
Professor, Journalism and New Media
Towson University
www.thomlieb.com