[Edprof] collaborative learning in editing

Dr. James Aucoin jasouthal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 07:45:22 PDT 2007

Dear editing profs:  I think most would agree that it's quite challenging to make copyediting courses interesting to students who aren't passionate about editing.  This is especially true during the portion of the course that requires endless hours of practice to master grammar, punctuation and other mechanics. Please share with the group ideas about how to make the classes more interesting.  I'm particularly eager to hear ideas for collaborative learning exercises.
Jim Aucoin
University of South Alabama