[Edprof] Sunday AEJMC panel on collaboration

LJThornton at aol.com LJThornton at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 14:29:01 PDT 2007

If anyone's going to be in D.C. this weekend, and particularly if you're
going to be at AEJMC, please consider yourself invited to a particularly timely
discussion scheduled for Sunday from 1:30 to 3 at the Renaissance Hotel. We've
 got permission to welcome members of the public, no charge, because of the
nature of the panel.

A stellar panel is slated to discuss the growing role of teams and
collaboration in the online news media. This is one of the most important  newsroom
changes to happen in a long time, affecting how journalists work, what  they
produce, and what we all read and view. Here's the scheduled slate:

Jennifer Carroll, vice president, new media content, Gannett Corp.
John Jackson, online editor, Roanoke.com
Christina Pino-Marina, multimedia journalist, WashingtonPost.com
Thomas Kennedy, managing editor/multimedia, Washingtonpost.Newseek
Interactive
Ron Fournier, online political editor, AP Multimedia

Carroll is one of the architects of Gannett's new collaborative information
center structure. Jackson heads up some of the most innovative multimedia work
 being done by newspapers today. Pino-Marina, once a print reporter, has made
the  move to both mojo (mobile journalist) and videographer. Kennedy oversees
two top  multimedia sites. Fournier is breaking new ground with the
Associated Press and  its topical multimedia reporting.

I'll be moderating. Hope you can join us.

Leslie-Jean Thornton (Cronkite School, Arizona State University)
ljthornton at aol.com

Place: Renaissance Hotel, 999 Ninth St. NW, Washington, D.C.
Hotel phone: 202 898-9000